Friday, August 27, 2010

I need an apron...

As I live and breathe, I never thought I would utter that phrase. And yet, as I am preparing for a get together I am baking three different types of cookies. Below are the Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies that just came out of the oven.



HEAVEN. Next up are the Chocolate Chip Toffee Almond; although those are kind of a cop out, because I am making them from a mix my student gave me.

What is happening to me? Someone who literally did not use her oven ONCE in the two years she lived in New Jersey is now baking multitudes of cookies, muffins, cupcakes, ohhhh man. Thank goodness for my half marathon, or I would need to pull out the big girl pants again.

My domesticity is a bit frightening. I suppose quite a bit of it is brought on by my frugal nature. Why buy cookies when you can bake them yourself? But whatever is inspiring me to fire up my oven every other day also probes me to remind my friends and family that I have a birthday coming up. What better present than an apron to keep me from getting flour all over my royal blue dress?



Let's see how the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Craisins turn out...

1 comment: